Wednesday, June 28, 2006

In or Out

Here is the situation. I like the company but I don't like the job scope. I think I'm a victim of circumstances. Y ? I'm doing SALES!!.. yes, yes, yes I am a sale woman or professionally called a sales executive. Yikess!! how I hate that title and yet I am still attached to it.

Never in my early working years did I ever dreamt or thought of becoming a sales exec. It all happened when my other half decided to changed job and moved to this town. I was happy for him and still am but never thought I would feel this miserable now.

The company I work with (from now on is referred as C) was opening a new branch at the time my beloved other half (from now on is referred as HD) got this new offer from a multi-national company. So, without much thinking I applied for transfer to this new branch submitting my resume for supervisory role..basically managing the overall branch operations. Yes I got what applied for. Things were quite interesting for first 2 years.. I got to learn new things (opex, inventory, customer service, customers, prospects ..amongts several new terms I explored) . I was in R&D previously (Internet, SSL, crytography etc).

However, gradually my job scopes changed from managing branch to managing customer accounts and thus doing sales.. What???? Now, I'm trapped. I'm in mid-thirties, does not like my current job but there is not many suitable vacancies for me here . Should I quit?? But hey I need the $$$$. HD deary has been asking me to resign and be a full time wifey. The offer by HD deary is very much tempting and I would love to always be there for my kids. Be their chaffeur to school and KAFA, cook for their lunch meals, guide them with their school works and many many more things that I could do with them. But, I'm worried about the future. What if ...and with me without a job how can I fend for my 4 kids?? And for that very reason, I'm stuck with my current job despite my miserable feelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home